Author Topic: Qien Sabe?  (Read 700 times)

Shooterman

• Paultard Extraordinaire
  • The Republic Died at Appomattox
Qien Sabe?
« on: January 26, 2013, 01:43:25 PM »
Third Amendment Thread? Okay.
Our Bill of Rights constitutes a cluster of little foxholes of liberty ground into the hard cold face of history by helpless men for a shield against the lash of tyrants. They are the result of distrust of power and distrust of men in power.

R Carter Pittman

Justaguy

• Global Moderator
Re: Qien Sabe?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 01:53:24 PM »

It's a third amendment board.  I will eventually have all the bill of rights amendments here, and then the others as it becomes relevant... I'm just kinda lazy this evening.
"There is no hope in government. There is only hope in the Lord and the freedom He gave us."- AtomicLibSmasher, Aug. 2008

Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain

Shooterman

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 07:08:03 PM »

It's a third amendment board.  I will eventually have all the bill of rights amendments here, and then the others as it becomes relevant... I'm just kinda lazy this evening.

The reason I questioned it, JAG is simply because the Third Amendment is basically moot now.
Our Bill of Rights constitutes a cluster of little foxholes of liberty ground into the hard cold face of history by helpless men for a shield against the lash of tyrants. They are the result of distrust of power and distrust of men in power.

R Carter Pittman

Johnny Yuma

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 07:15:54 PM »
Well , the Constitution is pretty much moot at the Cave and over at the DU ....   :o

This new forum is to edumicate folks that may still wish to learn , no ?   ;)

Shooterman

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 07:58:41 PM »
Well , the Constitution is pretty much moot at the Cave and over at the DU ....   :o

This new forum is to edumicate folks that may still wish to learn , no ?   ;)
Hey, I ain't wanting to start a fight. Did I stumble back into the cave?

R Carter Pittman

Johnny Yuma

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 08:06:40 PM »
Just being an ass    :-* :-* :-*

Shooterman

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 09:04:44 PM »

R Carter Pittman

Justaguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 03:42:37 AM »
I don't know that it is moot.  We don't know what the days ahead hold for us.  What do you want to bet they violated if during the war between the states?  Besides... like I said... I intend to make a board for each of the ten amendments.  But... if it makes sense to ditch it... I can.
"There is no hope in government. There is only hope in the Lord and the freedom He gave us."- AtomicLibSmasher, Aug. 2008

Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain

LibertyBelle

• alis volat propiis
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 12:08:05 PM »
LOL...I seriously like how to refer to ten amendments!
If my need to be right is greater then my desire for truth, then I will not recognize it when it arrives.

Justaguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 12:35:54 PM »

The rest of them are seriously suspect in my book.  I guess I could have referred to them as "the bill of rights."

Shooterman

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 02:16:42 PM »
I don't know that it is moot.  We don't know what the days ahead hold for us.  What do you want to bet they violated if during the war between the states?  Besides... like I said... I intend to make a board for each of the ten amendments.  But... if it makes sense to ditch it... I can.

Hell, JAG, ain't no big. I'm just being my normal irreverent jerk off self. I would tell you to go watch a little Gourds, but that ain't mellowing out music. See Shinyribs dancing and playing at the same time.

R Carter Pittman

Shooterman

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 02:19:17 PM »

The rest of them are seriously suspect in my book.  I guess I could have referred to them as "the bill of rights."

Thanks be to George Mason, probably the greatest mind of the Founders.

R Carter Pittman