Author Topic: Ordered by Obama: D.C. National Guard head to be removed just seconds after Trum  (Read 114 times)

Justaguy

• Global Moderator
Ordered by Obama: D.C. National Guard head to be removed just seconds after Trump’s transition

Is Obama setting the stage for disaster on Inauguration Day? Riots? Anarchists?

WASHINGTON D.C. (INTELLIHUB) — President Obama has ordered U.S. Army Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz to be removed from his post as Head of the D.C. National Guard, against standard protocol, effective as of Jan. 20, 12:01 p.m., just 60 seconds after Donald Trump takes the helm at the Presidential Inauguration Ceremony.

The uncanny maneuver is designated to be classified as a “national special security event” which comes with suspicious timing, considering that Schwartz was an integral part of planning the National Guard’s event operations for the past few months, which will include thousands of guardsman currently under Schwartz’ command.

In a Friday morning interview, Schwartz said, “The timing is extremely unusual. During the Inauguration Schwartz was set to “command not only the members of the D.C. guard but also an additional 5,000 unarmed troops sent in from across the country to help. He also would oversee military air support protecting the nation’s capital during the inauguration,” as reported by the Washington Post.

Schwartz said that he would have never planned “to leave a mission in the middle of a battle” and regrets that he will not be able to welcome his troops “back to the armory.”

https://www.intellihub.com/d-c-national-guard-head-to-be-removed-seconds-after-trumps-transition/
"There is no hope in government. There is only hope in the Lord and the freedom He gave us."- AtomicLibSmasher, Aug. 2008

“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled.” - Mark Twain

tac

• Administrator
  • I hate SPAMMERS
The General is a presidential appointee and as such serves at the pleasure of the President. He's not that different than the rest of the appointees so I really don't  see a problem.

Justaguy

• Global Moderator
The man in charge of the national guard stationed in Washington DC is relieved of command one minute after Donald Trump is sworn into office, in Washington DC, and you don't see any fishyness there?
"There is no hope in government. There is only hope in the Lord and the freedom He gave us."- AtomicLibSmasher, Aug. 2008

“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled.” - Mark Twain

tac

• Administrator
  • I hate SPAMMERS
Looks like it was decided well before by Obama and whom ever is in charge of the NG. Maybe it's routine since we've never seen the NG called out to provide security before.

Justaguy

• Global Moderator
They knew when Inauguration day was.  Maybe it's nothing.  The timing seems funny to me.

Rink

From what I heard nobody is happy about this, and its the pentagon that wants him out of there, yet the timing is too critical and the guy was a Bush appointee who should be given the respect to doing his job fully and completely, and not be yanked from his job in the missle of his work protecting the new president.
Also heard he tendered his resignation and the Trump team decided to accept his resignation.

Justaguy

• Global Moderator
Anything the Pentagon does, at this point, is dicey to me.  I haven't forgotten that the first thing the MLJ did was to purge the forces.

tac

• Administrator
  • I hate SPAMMERS
Fake News: Wash Post Changes Story on Trump ‘Firing’ D.C. Nat’l Guard General

The fact is, of course, that the commander of the D.C. National Guard serves at the pleasure of the president and is not put in place by the Pentagon or any of the federal branches of the military.

But the Post’s early reporting on the “firing” of General Schwartz contains no statements from the Trump transition office and also leaves out key points such as the fact that the general of the D.C. National Guard traditionally supplies his letter of resignation to every new president who is about to take office.

Subsequent to the publishing of the paper’s story making Trump appear incompetent, news emerged that the incoming Trump administration offered to let General Schwartz keep his position through inauguration day, but it was the general himself who refused the offer, preferring instead to quit at 12 noon on January 20, the hour Trump takes his oath of office.

The general then ran straight to the media to “argue his case in the press,” as a recent Fox News report noted.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/14/fake-news-wash-post-changes-story-on-trump-firing-d-c-natl-guard-general/

I see racial politics at work here.

Justaguy

• Global Moderator

Surely not.