Author Topic: Conway blames Iraqi refugees for ‘Bowling Green Massacre’ that never happened  (Read 19 times)

tac

• Administrator
  • I hate SPAMMERS
Conway blames Iraqi refugees for ‘Bowling Green Massacre’ that never happened

BY PAULINA FIROZI

President Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway is facing criticism for saying in a Thursday night interview with MSNBC that two Iraqi refugees carried out a massacre that never occurred.

In a discussion in which she defended Trump’s ban on visitors from seven Muslim-majority countries, Conway compared it to what she described as a Obama administration ban on Iraqi refugees for six months following the “Bowling Green Massacre."

Conway said: “I bet it’s brand new information to people that President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program after two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre. Most people don’t know that because it didn’t get covered.”

Many on social media were quick to point out that a "Bowling Green Massacre" never occurred.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/317704-conway-blames-iraqi-refugees-for-bowling-green-massacre-that-never-happened?utm_source=thenewamericana.com

Message to Trump: get a new adviser, this one is too stupid.  001_rolleyes

Justaguy

• Global Moderator
I'd say she got her facts confused.  I don't get the feeling that there was any maliciousness involved.
"There is no hope in government. There is only hope in the Lord and the freedom He gave us."- AtomicLibSmasher, Aug. 2008

“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled.” - Mark Twain

tac

• Administrator
  • I hate SPAMMERS
Going on national and not have your ducks in a row is not too smart.  001_rolleyes

Justaguy

• Global Moderator
Hard to argue that.
"There is no hope in government. There is only hope in the Lord and the freedom He gave us."- AtomicLibSmasher, Aug. 2008

“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled.” - Mark Twain