Author Topic: Should America Be the World’s Policeman?  (Read 40 times)

tac

• Administrator
  • I hate SPAMMERS
Should America Be the World’s Policeman?
« on: February 06, 2017, 07:34:05 AM »
Should America Be the World’s Policeman?

By CHARLES V. PEÑA

This is not to say that the U.S. should abandon allies and retreat from the world—far from it. More engagement and trade are long overdue. But rather than being the world’s policeman and primary balancer of power, in a multi-polar world, the United States can and should allow countries in each region to establish their own balance-of-power arrangements. The U.S. would still be committed to security in those regions, but as a balancer of last resort—intervening if, and only if, the nations in the region cannot contain the situation.

A balancer-of-last-resort strategy is a more realistic approach in a multi-polar world because it would allow the United States to distinguish between crises and conflicts vital to its interests and those that do not threaten U.S. national security—rather than assuming that every crisis requires U.S. military intervention.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/should-america-be-the-worlds-policeman/?utm_source=thenewamericana.com

Then why have the UN?

Justaguy

• Global Moderator
Re: Should America Be the World’s Policeman?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 11:06:33 PM »
We don't need either.  We don't need the UN and we don't need to be the world's policemen.  We need to secure our borders and secure our monetary system. 
"There is no hope in government. There is only hope in the Lord and the freedom He gave us."- AtomicLibSmasher, Aug. 2008

“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled.” - Mark Twain

tac

• Administrator
  • I hate SPAMMERS
Re: Should America Be the World’s Policeman?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 06:19:28 AM »
No argument from me on that.