Author Topic: Pelosi Says Border Wall 'Undermines Who We Are As a Country'  (Read 21 times)

byram

• Administrator
  • I hate SPAMMERS
Pelosi Says Border Wall 'Undermines Who We Are As a Country'
« on: February 17, 2017, 09:26:19 AM »
Pelosi Says Border Wall 'Undermines Who We Are As a Country'

By Susan Jones

(CNSNews.com) - Building a border wall "undermines who we are as a country," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told a news conference on Thursday. She said she is "opposed to the wall" -- "politically, substantively, officially, spiritually, religiously, personally."

She also described recent ICE raids across the country as "another assault on our values."

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/pelosi-complains-about-ice-raids-says-border-wall-undermines-who-we-are

We are a nation of laws, laws that need to be enforced. You can't pick and choose which laws you want to enforce, although you have a right to an opinion regarding those laws. By 'our values' she means 'progressive alues', values that undermine the Constitution. Many of us hate ACA, yet it is the law and must be enforced, until it is repealed.

Justaguy

• Global Moderator
Re: Pelosi Says Border Wall 'Undermines Who We Are As a Country'
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 07:05:08 AM »
I think she's nuts.  We wouldn't need a border wall if we could trust the dims to enforce the law. We clearly cannot, so we need the wall.  It's about that simple. 
"There is no hope in government. There is only hope in the Lord and the freedom He gave us."- AtomicLibSmasher, Aug. 2008

Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. - Mark Twain

byram

• Administrator
  • I hate SPAMMERS
Re: Pelosi Says Border Wall 'Undermines Who We Are As a Country'
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 07:11:16 AM »
I think she's nuts.  We wouldn't need a border wall if we could trust the dims to enforce the law. We clearly cannot, so we need the wall.  It's about that simple.

You are right!

Illegals come here for a reason, to better their lives. Remove that from the equation and they'll not darken our borders. It's that simple. But politicians are so afraid of the backlash, they refuse to enforce any laws that might prevent them from re-election. Consequently we have to spend billions to prevent them from coming here, a method that barely works. Until we start electing politicians, at the state and federal levels, with a spine, nothing will change.