Author Topic: "On balance, we rate Paulís statement Mostly True."  (Read 664 times)

Terry

"On balance, we rate Paulís statement Mostly True."
« on: March 05, 2013, 07:49:59 AM »
"The U.S. military "is in 130 countries. We have 900 bases around the world."
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/sep/14/ron-paul/ron-paul-says-us-has-military-personnel-130-nation/

"We're under great threat, because we occupy so many countries," Paul said. "We're in 130 countries. We have 900 bases around the world. We're going broke. The purpose of al-Qaida was to attack us, invite us over there, where they can target us. And they have been doing it. They have more attacks against us and the American interests per month than occurred in all the years before 9/11, but we're there occupying their land. And if we think that we can do that and not have retaliation, we're kidding ourselves. We have to be honest with ourselves. What would we do if another country, say, China, did to us what we do to all those countries over there?"

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."  Thomas Jefferson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust. James Madison

tac

• Administrator
  • I hate SPAMMERS
Re: "On balance, we rate Paulís statement Mostly True."
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 09:05:18 PM »
Minimal or not, service personnel are still there!

tac

• Administrator
  • I hate SPAMMERS
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 09:06:50 PM »
We need military personnel stationed in Mongolia, Nepal, Gabon, Togo and Suriname because?

Johnny Yuma

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 09:26:08 PM »
We need military personnel stationed in Mongolia, Nepal, Gabon, Togo and Suriname because?

I'd like to know , too...

We're in Mongolia training mercenaries to fight in Afghanistan , apparently ...

U.S. Marines were deployed to the capital of Mongolia, Ulan Bator (Ulaanbaatar), ďfor the first time in the history of the Marine Corps, Aug. 18, 2003 in support of Khaan Quest Ď03.Ē [5]

The live-fire military exercise, which has been held every year since, is named after Genghis Khan. The announced purpose of the training exercises, run by the Pentagonís Pacific Command, has been to upgrade Mongolian soldiers to United Nations peacekeeping standards. Having little else in the way of exports, the nationís troops are paid comparatively handsomely for missions abroad.

and to spy on the Chicoms and the Ruskies ...

With its vast expanse (over 600,000 square miles) and its sparse population (less than 3 million people with almost 40 percent living in the capital), Mongolia is the optimal location for U.S. military surveillance (ground, air and satellite) to monitor China and Russia simultaneously. The nationís new U.S.-educated head of state is not likely to deny Washingtonís requests in that regard.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/mongolia-the-pentagon-s-trojan-horse-us-nato-partner-wedged-between-china-and-russia/18423

more info..

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/2779.htm

Terry

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 09:19:37 AM »
This is what I tried to tell those ranting Ron Paul hating mindless morons over at CC who didn't believe me.  They asked for proof that we were involved in so many military interventions and denied the truth of it.  When I posted it...they still didn't believe it. And this is the problem with the Rightwingers who are just as dumb as they accuse the left of being and the reason why the Republican party is dead. 
They refuse to believe anything outside of what the government and the MSM tells them and they also refuse to become informed citizens...hence the result of their arrogant ignorance and stupidity...total failure.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."  Thomas Jefferson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust. James Madison

tac

• Administrator
  • I hate SPAMMERS
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 04:43:09 PM »
This is what I tried to tell those ranting Ron Paul hating mindless morons over at CC who didn't believe me.  They asked for proof that we were involved in so many military interventions and denied the truth of it.  When I posted it...they still didn't believe it. And this is the problem with the Rightwingers who are just as dumb as they accuse the left of being and the reason why the Republican party is dead. 
They refuse to believe anything outside of what the government and the MSM tells them and they also refuse to become informed citizens...hence the result of their arrogant ignorance and stupidity...total failure.

There are the party hacks every where, blind to everything except what the party proclaims. Look back at Nazi Germany or Communist Russia; the party spoke and heels snapped together. Until the people start looking at the party with a critical eye, nothing will ever change. How can it? When some of the party leaders are kicked to the curb in 2014, then there might be some change. Maybe!

LibertyBelle

• alis volat propiis
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 10:16:07 AM »
darn...I thought Terry wrote a blog and put it up... :cryy:
If my need to be right is greater then my desire for truth, then I will not recognize it when it arrives.

Terry

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 10:37:08 AM »
darn...I thought Terry wrote a blog and put it up... :cryy:

I didn't know where else it would fit.  :lol:    I should write a blog though... :pow:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~