Author Topic: Boots  (Read 1077 times)

Terry

Re: Boots
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 01:20:43 PM »
Shooters boots...the first thing that made it to this forum.  :lmao: :lmao:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."  Thomas Jefferson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust. James Madison

Shooterman

• Paultard Extraordinaire
  • The Republic Died at Appomattox
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 01:41:00 PM »

Believe me, Miss Terry, it has been a long time since my boots did any dancing. I was never noted for being twinkle toes, more like being sloppy toes.
Our Bill of Rights constitutes a cluster of little foxholes of liberty ground into the hard cold face of history by helpless men for a shield against the lash of tyrants. They are the result of distrust of power and distrust of men in power.

R Carter Pittman

Terry

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 05:04:44 PM »

Believe me, Miss Terry, it has been a long time since my boots did any dancing. I was never noted for being twinkle toes, more like being sloppy toes.

:rofl:

Hey, I found this site that sells nothing but American made boots.  If you still have time to order another pair, you might want to take a look see at this site.
Also...if you tell them when you order the boots, I do believe they'll stretch them for you before they ship them, if not...there's probably a shoe place around that'll stretch the leather for you so they fit both feet.  Hubby just bought a pair of steel toed work shoes, he had to have them stretch and work the leather for him too before he could wear them.

http://www.midwestboots.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DH_4620&Category_Code=USA
http://www.midwestboots.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:07:35 PM by Terry »
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."  Thomas Jefferson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust. James Madison

LibertyBelle

• alis volat propiis
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 09:50:22 PM »
No worries about having two left feet Shooter, those boots dance all by themselves!
If my need to be right is greater then my desire for truth, then I will not recognize it when it arrives.

Dclrd2BFree

• the unexamined life is not worth living
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 01:14:08 PM »
I realize I'm draggin an old dog out of its bed here but I haven't had a chance to be online much.. (side note) the editing process sux and editors are the spawn of hell... but that's another conversation...

I would really like someone to explain in simple terms how the current economy in China is like that of the American industrial revolution...
My POV on the matter regarding the industrial revolution was that the true power of a strong middle class was about to be born but wound up murdered on the delivery room floor by the advent of progressivism. China, on the other hand ALLOWS a certain degree of "middle class" and gives those it appoints the privilege no actual power. China has always been and will continue to be run be ruling elites. The Cultural Revolution was merely a shift from educated, privileged elitism to bullying, political power elitism.
Anytime a government ALLOWS a thing means the thing is illusory at best.
While the power of an American middle class has been kept at bay by the hue and cry of "gov't is required to save you from wealth", the Chinese middle class is a complete fiction. They have no liberty at all.