Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
CBS Local — A computer program used to help your PC run faster has reportedly become the latest victim of hackers looking to breach the security of millions of its users.

CCleaner, the computer-optimizing tool made by software company Piriform, was successfully infected by malware, according to security firm Cisco Talos. The malware reportedly tried to connect to unregistered websites in order to remotely download even more harmful programs to users’ computers.

Security experts say the Trojan horse-style attack hackers launched affected over 2 million CCleaner customers who downloaded the product in August.

“By exploiting the trust relationship between software vendors and the users of their software, attackers can benefit from users’ inherent trust in the files and web servers used to distribute updates,” researchers at Talos said.

Piriform’s parent company, Avast, released a statement after the breach was announced saying the infected software had been dealt with.

“Piriform believes that these users are safe now as its investigation indicates it was able to disarm the threat before it was able to do any harm,” an Avast spokesperson said.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/09/18/hackers-malware-pc-ccleaner/
An African national convicted of rape and ordered deported, threw a fit as ICE officials tried to load him onto a plane for Togo, Africa.
Koffi Ameyapoh, a 51-year-old illegal alien convicted of rape in Maryland, began screaming and fighting against officials as they tried to put him on a plane at Dulles International Airport, according to the New York Post.

The convict reportedly began screaming he “would rather die than go back to Togo.” He also yelled, “I am not going back to Togo!”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/19/convicted-rapist-launches-into-temper-tantrum-during-deportation/

Instead of fighting with him, drug his black ass and ship him home.  :001_rolleyes:
The Porch Swing / Re: Off for Lake Tahoe
« Last post by byram on Today at 09:30:11 AM »
I despise Vegas and only go when my wife puts a gun to my head. Tahoe is nice, but expensive and I doubt we'll be back.
« Last post by Justaguy on Today at 08:21:57 AM »
I've been to Reno and Windover, but I've never been to Vegas or Tahoe.  Hopefully I'll get to go sometime.
« Last post by byram on September 18, 2017, 10:07:52 PM »
It is a bit hazy here, maybe from the smoke. Otherwise the sky is really blue.

High winds today may blow out the smoke, but they are blowing dust every where. We were going to take a boat ride on the lake, but between the wind and the rain tomorrow we decided to wait a day or two. The only disturbing thing is there are bears roaming around at night looking for food. Needless to say I won't be walking around the resort at night. I don't want to be mistaken for a big roast.
In the News / Re: Obamacare premiums to rise 15%, 63 counties to lose coverage in 2018
« Last post by byram on September 18, 2017, 09:58:17 PM »
CommieCare has turned into a real clusterfu*k for the country. We have the Lawn Jockey and his puppets to thank.  :libs:
Fake News / Re: The King o Debt Needs Our Help!!
« Last post by Justaguy on September 18, 2017, 09:57:17 PM »
I don't take him at his word.  I don't expect his word is any better than the long march of his predecessors.  The system is flawed beyond redemption when the best choice your country has to offer is between sociopath and a psychopath.
In the News / Re: Hurricane Maria following Irma's Caribbean path
« Last post by byram on September 18, 2017, 09:55:39 PM »
I saw that Puerto Rico has put a limit on supplies. Do they shoot looters in PR?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hurricane-maria-puerto-rico-imposes-rationing-of-basic-supplies/
In the News / Re: Obamacare premiums to rise 15%, 63 counties to lose coverage in 2018
« Last post by Justaguy on September 18, 2017, 09:54:00 PM »
It's always been a lie for the greedy and the weak minded.  Or perhaps I should have stated pitting the greedy against the weak minded.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10